Case Management Services
Your partner in health.
Because your doctor is a member of Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG), you may benefit from the case management services described below. The programs are provided by SCMG at no charge to patients who qualify for these programs.
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) has a comprehensive Ambulatory Case Management department that includes Complex Case Management and Disease Management teams. Both teams may be significant resources for you. Features of both programs are listed below.
Complex Case Management Program.
This program provides comprehensive care management for members with complex medical conditions requiring long-term, ongoing management. Patients in this program typically have one or more of these characteristics:
- High-cost, high-risk treatment
- Solid organ and stem cell transplants (except corneal and skin)
- New treatments using cutting-edge technology
- Treatment under clinical trial
- Management of members treated out of area requiring close coordination and co-management of care and services with the health plan
- Use of specialized durable medical equipment
- Experimental/investigational treatments
Disease Management Program.
The Disease Management Program helps patients with chronic conditions. The diseases covered include diabetes, heart failure, COPD, asthma, coronary artery disease, hypertension and chronic kidney disease. The program highlights are:
- Comprehensive patient assessment
- Disease-specific telephonic coaching by registered nurse disease case managers to improve self-management skills
- Mailing of personalized patient education materials
- Connecting physicians and members to community and social support resources
- Coordination of care plan and goals between the patient, the disease management coach, and the primary care physician
Case Management and Resource Education (CARE) Program.
The CARE Program involves:
- Connecting physicians and members to community social service support services
- Providing federal, state and community resources
- Providing member educational materials
- Linking members to health plan disease management programs
Learn more about these programs.
If you think you would benefit from participating in the Complex Case Management, CARE or Disease Management programs, or would like to learn about other Ambulatory Case Management programs, please call
858-499-3040 and choose option 0.