Health, Wellness, Disease Prevention and Chronic Care Management Program
The care you need to get and stay healthy.
The Health, Wellness, Disease Prevention and Chronic Care Management program is designed to outreach and support members who are healthy or with a rising health risk. Program services are available to all individuals enrolled in HMO and ACO-delegated plans.
- Self-management skills
- Lifestyle modifications
- Health and wellness coaching
- Early identification of chronic disease
- Disease complications
- Disease-specific educational materials that can be customized to meet specific educational needs
- Referral to community resources
- Self-management practices
Disease-specific conditions include diabetes, heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, coronary artery disease (CAD), hypertension and chronic kidney disease (CKD).
The program highlights are:
- Education related to depression and mental health, exercise and physical activity, healthy eating, preventing alcohol abuse and alcoholism, quitting smoking, stress management and weight management
- Connecting members to community and support services
- Chronic disease coaching to meet educational needs and health goals.
Educational materials from MedlinePlus
- Cholesterol and lifestyle
Your body needs cholesterol to work well. But cholesterol levels that are too high can harm you.
- Chronic kidney disease
Chronic kidney disease is the slow loss of kidney function over time. The main job of the kidneys is to remove wastes and excess water from the body.
- Controlling your high blood pressure
Hypertension is another term used to describe high blood pressure. You are more likely to have high blood pressure as you get older. This is because your blood vesselsbecome stiffer as you age. When that happens, your blood pressure goes up.
- Day to day with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
There is no cure, but there are things you can do every day to keep COPD from getting worse, to protect your lungs,and to stay healthy.
Diabetes is a long-term (chronic) disease in which the body cannot regulate the amount of sugar in theblood.
If you have any questions about the Health, Wellness, Disease Prevention and Chronic Care Management program, please call us at 858-499-3040 and select option 8 or send us an email for more information.