Supporting physicians in private practice for nearly 30 years.
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) is always looking for exceptional doctors who are interested in joining our award-winning network of physicians.
Learn more about joining our team of physicians. You have the option to upload a copy of your CV along with a Letter of Interest.
Practice medicine the way you want to.
Our diverse medical group includes hundreds of the top primary care doctors and specialists throughout San Diego County - whether in private practice, supported private practice, or through our employed model. We are consistently recognized by the community as best-in-class.
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) is the largest network of private practice doctors in San Diego with more than 800 primary and specialty care physicians in 350 locations in the county.
- Owning your practice
- Hiring and terminating your own staff
- Setting your own hours and vacation schedule
- Your autonomy as a physician to practice medicine the way you think is best
- Providing better/leveraged contracting and more patients
- Enabling leadership opportunities with our Board of Directors and Advisory Councils
- Paying top-performing physicians financial incentives and bonuses
Supported private practice
SmartCareMD, an SCMG affiliated practice management company, is available to private practice physicians who are balancing their time caring for patients and facing the challenges of running a modern medical practice.
- Office Management
- Scheduling and front desk / reception
- Medical assistants and nurses
- Credentialing and contract analysis
- Billing audits by certified coders
- Electronic claims submission, reconciliation, remittance and payment posting
- Account follow-up and denial management
- EMR technology and workflow assistance for reporting and analysis
SharpCare Medical Group employs primary care physicians, PAs and NPs as well as providing the office staff, space and supplies while managing the EMR, billing/collection and marketing aspects of the practice.
- Base compensation with quality, service, and production incentives
- Vacation and CME paid time off
- License, DEA, and professional membership and CME reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Malpractice insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employer funded 401(k) contribution
We are your neighborhood physicians.
Strategic affiliation with two award-winning hospital systems:
Backed by the power and trusted reputation of Sharp HealthCare, our medical groups are dedicated to providing professional, effective health care that exceeds patient expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.