Supporting physicians in private practice for over 30 years.
Sharp Community Medical Group is always looking for exceptional doctors who are interested in joining our award-winning network of physicians.
Are you interested in working for a SCMG practice? Visit our Career Site to view a list of open positions.
Join the SCMG Network
Do you have an existing practice and would like to join SCMG? Submit your curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest to join our network of physicians.
For more information about Sharp Community and why we should be the model of choice for you to practice medicine, view our recruitment brochure.
Practice medicine the way you want to.
Our diverse medical group includes hundreds of the top primary care doctors and specialists throughout San Diego and North County — whether in private practice, supported private practice, or through our employed model.
Sharp Community is the largest network of private practice doctors in San Diego and North County with more than 800 primary and specialty care physicians in 350 locations.
Read more about private practice
- Owning your practice
- Hiring and terminating your own staff
- Setting your own hours and vacation schedule
- Your autonomy as a physician to practice medicine the way you think is best
- Providing better/leveraged contracting and more patients
- Enabling leadership opportunities with our Board of Directors and Advisory Councils
- Paying top-performing physicians financial incentives and bonuses
Supported Private Practice
SmartCareMD is available to private practice physicians who are balancing their time caring for patients and facing the challenges of running a modern medical practice. See what Sharp Community doctors and office mangers have to say about SmartCareMD.
Read more about supported private practice
- Office Management
- Scheduling and front desk / reception
- Medical assistants and nurses
- Credentialing and contract analysis
- Billing audits by certified coders
- Electronic claims submission, reconciliation, remittance and payment posting
- Account follow-up and denial management
- EMR technology and workflow assistance for reporting and analysis
SharpCare employs primary care physicians, PAs and NPs as well as providing the office staff, space and supplies while managing the EMR, billing/collection and marketing aspects of the practice.
Read more about the employed model
- Base compensation with quality, service, and production incentives
- Vacation and CME paid time off
- License, DEA, and professional membership and CME reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Malpractice insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employer funded 401(k) contribution
We are your neighborhood physicians.
Strategic affiliation with two award-winning hospital systems:
Backed by the power and trusted reputation of Sharp HealthCare, our medical groups are dedicated to providing professional, effective health care that exceeds patient expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Former Sharp Community Medical Group President, Dr. Kenneth Roth, and Sharp Community-affiliated ophthalmologist, Dr. Gayle Howard, meet with Sharp HealthCare’s CEO, Chris Howard, to discuss how Sharp Community provides convenient, local care, and The Sharp Experience to patients in San Diego.