Sharp Community Medical Group, Inc. (SCMG) is a private practice-based Medical Group that was formed on September 8, 1989. The group consists of approximately 230 primary care physicians and 570 specialists in private practices throughout San Diego. Hospital affiliations include Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Pomerado Health Care System.
SCMG's physicians have access to 10 managed care health plans. SCMG offers patients comprehensive health care through an extensive physician, ancillary and hospital referral base.
SCMG is recognized for its commitment to delivering quality care through private practice physicians in the most efficient and effective manner.
Sharp Community Medical Group, through its network of affiliated physicians, is the model of choice for patients to receive care and physicians to practice medicine. We foster high quality, efficient, financially sustainable practices that improve health and deliver better care for our population.
At Sharp Community Medical Group, we value:
- Commitment to the mission and values of the institution.
- Our patients, volunteers, physicians, and employees.
- Commitment to serving others above self with compassion and respect.
- Creativity, innovation and a willingness to accept new ideas and to change.
- Performance and results orientation with an acceptance of accountability.
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Integrity and trust.
We treat all with respect and dignity. We will not compromise quality and will remain a leader through innovation. We recognize and will adapt to change without losing sight of our vision. Our hallmark in the community is "service with excellence."