Helping Sharp Community members get well and stay well.
Immunization is key to preventing disease among the general population in San Diego, North County and abroad.
2019-2020 Flu Information
What do I need to know before getting my flu shot?
View Sharp Community member copays, vaccine locations and more.Flu info for members
Where can I get the flu shot near me?
Find locations in your neighborhood where you can get the flu shot.Vaccine locations
Who can help me if I'm concerned about the flu?
Call your Sharp Community primary care doctor or visit an urgent care near you.Urgent care locations
Vaccine information for Sharp Community members.
Vaccines help both the people who receive them and the vulnerable, unvaccinated people around them because the infection can no longer spread. Immunizations also reduce the number of deaths and disability from infections, such as whooping cough and chickenpox.
- Vaccine program for Sharp Community members
- Vaccine information statements (VIS)
- 2019-2020 flu vaccine
- Pertussis/whooping cough (DTaP, Tdap)
- Back to school vaccine requirements
- CDC's travelers' health
While children receive the majority of the vaccinations, adults also need to stay up-to-date on certain vaccinations, including tetanus and diphtheria. In addition, adults who have never had chickenpox or measles during childhood (nor the vaccines against these diseases) should consider being vaccinated. Childhood illnesses such as mumps, measles, and chickenpox can cause serious complications in adults.
2019 CDC recommended immunization schedules.
- Ages 0 months to 6 years old (PDF)
- Ages 7 to 18 years old (PDF)
- Catch-up, 4 months to 18 years old
- Adults: summary of recommendations (PDF)
- Children and teens: summary of recommendations (PDF)
- Personalized childhood immunization scheduler
Reminders for your child's immunizations.
Text4baby is a free mobile information service designed to promote maternal and child health through text messaging.
Women who text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411 receive three free text messages a week, timed to their due date or their baby's birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby's first birthday. Message topics include prenatal care, immunizations and more.
- Personalized printout of your child's immunization schedule