Medicare Plans Accepted
Medicare Special Enrollment Period Notice
Effective until Jan. 31, 2021, a Special Enrollment Period will be open. If you're a San Diego County resident who is a Medicare beneficiary and was unable to enroll in a plan during another qualifying election period, you can review and update your coverage.
Contact JoAnn Siudara, Medicare Specialist, at 858-499-4155 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Turning 65 or retiring soon? You may qualify for Medicare.
When you select one of the Medicare plans listed below, you'll have access to the skilled and compassionate caregivers affiliated with Sharp Community and more choices to be in the best health in San Diego and North County.
- Original Medicare
- All Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans
Sharp Health Plan Individual Medicare Advantage Plans*
- Sharp Direct Advantage Gold Card (HMO)*
- Sharp Direct Advantage Platinum Card (HMO)*
UnitedHealthcare Individual Medicare Advantage Plans*
- Sharp SecureHorizons Plan by UnitedHealthcare (HMO)*
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Value (HMO)*
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Premier (HMO)*
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Essential (HMO)*
- MedicareComplete Assure (Medicare/Medi-Cal)
- TRICARE for Life
- Health Net Seniority Plus Group Retiree Plan*
- Sharp Health Plan Group Retiree Plans*
- UnitedHealthcare Group Retiree Plan*
*These plans are Medicare Advantage organizations with Medicare contracts, and enrollment in one of these plans will depend on contract renewal.
Ready to enroll in Medicare?
Sharp Community only accepts the Health Net Seniority Plus Group Retiree Plan. We do not accept any Health Net individual Medicare Advantage plans. If you are a Health Net Seniority Plus Group member, please visit Health Net to review your benefits. If your employer offers the Health Net Seniority Plus Group Retiree Plan, contact your benefits administrator to enroll.
Medicare Supplement and Advantage Plans
The biggest difference between Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans is network and cost. This video will walk you through the benefits of both plans to help you find the one that is best for you.