Have a question about FolllowMyHealth? We're here to help.
What is FollowMyHealth?
FollowMyHealth is a patient portal owned and operated by Allscripts, Inc. Sharp HealthCare provides FollowMyHealth as a service for patients and does not control its operations. Your participation in and use of FollowMyHealth is entirely voluntary and will not affect the care provided to you by doctors and other providers at Sharp.
How do I sign up for the patient portal?
You can sign up during an office visit or online at scmg.followmyhealth.com.
- If you register in your doctor's office you will receive an email invitation. You will be required to enter an invitation code that will be given to you at the time of your visit (typically, your year of birth).
- If you register online, you will receive an email confirmation once your account has been verified.
Who do I contact if I need help signing up?
Is the portal secure?
Maintaining your privacy is FollowMyHealth's top priority and they have taken the necessary steps to ensure they meet your expectations as well as all federal and state privacy laws. FollowMyHealth uses a standard protocol to securely authorize users.
- In compliance with federal patient privacy regulations, all data that is transmitted is encrypted to protect it during this process. The data storage is also encrypted for protection. Your login occurs over SSL (https), which is an industry standard providing secure communication over the Internet.
- The first time that you create a FollowMyHealth account, you will be asked to share some basic information from your connecting account so that your authorization can be verified. FollowMyHealth will NOT release and/or sell your information to other organizations, people, etc.
FollowMyHealth offers authentication methods with your Facebook, Google, Yahoo or LiveID account without the need to create a new email address. FollowMyHealth will not utilize any additional information from third party organizations other than what is required to help you gain access to your records. If you use one of these methods to login: FollowMyHealth will not store your username and password. Your credentials will continue to be maintained by those organizations.
What is the turnaround time for information/response?
Messages in FollowMyHealth are not reviewed immediately. Please allow up to three business days for a response to requests.
Why are results not displaying in FollowMyHealth?
There are a few reasons why results may be missing:
The results are restricted due to state law or system limitations:
There are certain results that are unable to display in FollowMyHealth, including, but not limited to:
- Hepatitis tests
- HIV tests
- Tests related to drug abuse
- Pathology tests (including PAP tests, biopsies) and radiology results (including x-rays, ultrasounds, CT imaging, MRI scans and mammograms) are released to the portal at the physician's discretion.
- Results are not posted until the ordering doctor has reviewed them. This review time may vary.
You are viewing results for a child between the ages of 12 and 17:
Due to California privacy laws, we are unable to provide lab results for children between the ages of 12 and 17.
You need to switch to another account:
If you are trying to view results for your child or loved one, click the drop-down arrow next to your name at the top of the screen and select that person's name.
Why can't I request renewals in FollowMyHealth for some medications?
Depending on how the medication was entered into your health record, you may not be able to request a renewal in FollowMyHealth until your doctor orders the medication.
What should I do if I can't find my pharmacy?
If you do not find your pharmacy in FollowMyHealth you can notify FollowMyHealth support. In the Support tab (select from the My Account drop-down) select Product Feedback and Suggestions. On the Patient Suggestions page, request the pharmacy be added (include address and phone number).
What is the difference between Read Only and Full Access proxy accounts?
Read Only access only allows the health care proxy to view information. Full Access allows the health care proxy to have full functionality of the account.
How do I give proxy access to my account?
If you have your own FollowMyHealth account, you can give access to anyone you choose by following these steps: from the 'My Account' drop-down select the 'Preferences' option. On the Preferences screen select the 'Invite a Proxy button'. You will be presented with two options, to grant Read Only access or Full access. Complete the required information and click OK to send the invite (to the email address entered).
Can a parent/guardian set-up and manage an account for a child/dependent?
For patients under the age of 12 years old, your physician's office can set you up with a proxy account. For patients 12 to 17 years old, California law restricts some information being shared. Therefore, no updates to data will occur after the patient reaches the age of 12.
For emancipated minors (12 to 17), due to the same restrictions of California law, parents cannot have a proxy account for FollowMyHealth at this time.
Can I disenroll from the patient portal?
If you decide you no longer want your information going to FollowMyHealth, you have two options.
- In the connections tab (select from the My Account drop-down), you can remove the organization from which you no longer want information by clicking on the X. (Note: historical data will remain).
- In the Preferences tab (select from the My Account drop-down), you can permanently delete your FollowMyHealth account. (Note: proxy accounts granted to you will also be deleted when you choose this option).