Get in-person medical care at home.
When you choose a doctor with Sharp Community through your HMO or Medicare Advantage insurance plan*, you have access to house calls offered by our health care partner Heal for the same cost as a primary care doctor office visit.
Frequently asked questions
Are house calls safe during the COVID-19 pandemic? View important information.
To keep you and their medical teams safe, Heal is taking the following extra precautions. They will:
- Wear personal protective equipment such as, face masks, eye gear and disposable gowns, prior to entering your home
- Use hand sanitizer before and after each visit
- Sanitize medical equipment thoroughly with alcohol before and after each visit
- Ask you to wear a face mask - one will be provided if you don't have one - and sit six feet from them whenever possible
- Meet with you in a well-ventilated but private area, such as a backyard, patio or other open area
- Monitor their temperature and symptoms twice daily
If you have symptoms for COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, or sore throat, you may be required to have a video or phone visit with a Heal, prior to receiving a house call.
What happens during a house call?
During a house call, Heal doctors are fully equipped to care for any issue typically seen in a doctor's office or urgent care facility. The Heal medical team that comes to your door will include a licensed doctor and a certified medical assistant (MA). The MA is there to chart your vitals, draw labs, run tests and assist the doctor. The doctor is there to care for you to treat the issues you know you have and to answer any questions that may arise.
Will my house call be with my Sharp Community primary care doctor?
No, your house call will be with a licensed Heal doctor who has been trained in house call medicine. Because your Sharp Community primary care doctor sees patients at his/her office, we contracted with Heal to provide doctor house calls for us. A certified medical assistant accompanies the Heal doctor to chart your vitals, draw labs, run tests and assist the doctor.
Have a question about house calls?
*House calls will be available to HMO and Medicare Advantage insurance plan members beginning Jan. 1, 2021. House calls are currently not available to Sharp Health Plan members.