Providing you with a resource for information, assistance, and problem resolution.
The Customer Services Department of Sharp Community Medical Group, available Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 5 pm, provides a variety of services to our customers, including providing a resource for information, assistance and problem resolution.
Sharp Community is committed to providing the highest level of customer service to its patients. The Customer Services Department of Sharp Community is the your key contact for any questions, information, or problem resolution that is not directly related to your health status.
Customer Services representatives are available to help with the following concerns:
- Provide guidance in primary care physician (PCP) selection, and correspond with the contracted Health Plan regarding these activities
- Explain health plan benefits and coverage, including coordination of benefits
- Confirm eligibility and benefits information as provided by the Health Plan
- Provide assistance to patients who wish to terminate their relationship with their physician
- Educate members regarding Sharp Community Medical Group
- Work with other key staff to resolve member concerns and issues
The Sharp Community Medical Group Member Services staff is committed to the following standards of conduct:
- Respond to each member concern in an effective, efficient and professional manner
- Develop a strong working relationship with the staff, as well as with the health plans, providers and their staff
- Maintain member confidentiality
Language services are provided to members that request assistance, free of charge, in the requested language via bilingual staff or an interpreter.
The Sharp Community Medical Group Utilization Management (UM) staff is available eight (8) hours a day during normal business hours and days to receive communication from the Customer Service Department regarding UM issues.