Sharp Community Medical Group does not discriminate against members.
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) complies with applicable Federal Civil Rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. As a participating provider with SCMG, our providers must not discriminate against SCMG members because of race, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, sex, or physical or mental handicap, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, et seq., Section 2000d Rules and Regulations, or as otherwise provided by law or regulation.
Discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or physical or mental handicap includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Denying any member a covered service or availability of a facility.
- Providing to a member any covered service which is different, or is provided in a different manner or at a different time as that provided to other Sharp Community Medical Group members except where medically indicated.
- Subjecting a member to segregation or separate treatment in any manner related to the receipt of any covered services.
- Restricting a member in any way in the enjoyment of any advantage or priority enjoyed by others receiving services.
- Treating a member or eligible beneficiary differently from others in determining whether he or she satisfies any admission, enrollment, quota, eligibility, membership, or other requirement or condition which individuals must meet in order to be provided any covered service.