Connecting your health records from all your doctors in one place.
Health care is a team effort. As part of your team at Sharp Community Medical Group, we know that keeping you informed of your health is important. We partnered with MyLinks so that you can securely view your medical records from all of your health care providers, not just those in Sharp Community's network. By having access and control of your health data, you can:
- Gain a better understanding of your health
- Share information with family, friends and other health care coordinators helping you achieve your health goals
- Update and add information to complete your medical record
Get started with MyLinks.
- Go to MyLinks.com and click the "Sign Up" button to set up your account. Once you've filled out your information, a confirmation will be sent to your email to complete your registration. If you don't see your confirmation email within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
- You'll need your username and password for each patient portal, like FollowMyHealth, you want to collect health data from. If you don't have this information speak with your health care provider about gaining access to their patient portal.
- Once you're logged-in, click "Gather Health Records". Search for your health care organization Sharp Community Medical Group, then click " Get Health Record".
- You will then be routed to the login page for your patient portal. Log in with your username and password from step two, then click " Import" to transfer the data into your MyLinks account. Repeat steps 2-4 to add health data from other clinics or health care providers.
MyLinks Frequently Asked Questions.
What is MyLinks?
MyLinks is a free application that allows you to electronically gather your medical records from all your doctors, including those affiliated with Sharp Community Medical Group, and store them in one place, fully under your control.
What's the difference between MyLinks and a patient portal, like FollowMyHealth?
MyLinks allows you to store all your health data in one place instead of having your information over multiple portals. You can also correct and share your records with whomever you want. FollowMyHealth only connects you with your Sharp Community-affiliated doctor and allows you to view information from a Sharp hospital or Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor visit.
When using MyLinks, what data will I be able to view?
MyLinks pulls data from the common clinical data set which includes: allergies, conditions, documents, equipment, family history, immunizations, labs, medications, procedures, care plan and vital signs.
What should I do if I don't see my Sharp Community doctor on the list?
Contact MyLinks at Support@MyLinks.com. It may be that your doctor isn't connected with MyLinks yet. Doctors are being added routinely. Check back again soon.
Can I edit my information in MyLinks? If I do make changes, will my changes automatically update in my electronic health record (EHR) accessed by my Sharp Community doctor?
Yes, you are able to make changes to your own records in MyLinks. Each change is tagged in your doctor's EHR as 'modified by patient'. Any edits to the information will not update your doctor's EHR.
Can I manage my family's health records from one login?
Yes. Click on the "Health Record" tab and click "Share". Then select "Share Access" to link accounts.
How can I share my health data in MyLinks?
Log in to your MyLinks account. Under the "Health Record" tab, click "Share". Then select "Export your health record". You can either download a PDF of your health record or send your health record by email from your MyLinks account.
Can I delete my MyLinks account at any time?
Yes. Once you delete your account, your health data will also be deleted.
Will I be able to see my results in MyLinks prior to a follow up appointment with my Sharp Community doctor?
Yes, you will see the same information made available by your doctor's medical records department. Your rights are protected under HIPAA.
Can I use any device to access my health records with MyLinks?
Yes. MyLinks is cloud-based and any device that has access to the internet can be used to access your records.
Is there a MyLinks app for smart phones?
Not at this time, but the MyLinks website is fully responsive and can be used on smart phones and tablets.
Who owns my health data once it's in MyLinks?
You do. The goal of MyLinks is to enable you to have your own records fully under your control.
Is my MyLinks account and health data safe?
Yes, your data is encrypted during transit and storage into your account.
Does MyLinks share my health data with anyone?
MyLinks never takes your data without your permission. MyLinks does allow you to indicate if you want to share your data for research to help find cures.